Safety Measures Will Include ‘In-Cinema Seat Separation’
Today, Omniplex Cinemas have announced the re-opening of seven cinemas on Friday 3 July in Cork, Rathmines, Limerick, Galway, Wexford, Arklow and the brand new D’LUXX cinema in Drogheda.
In order for staff and guests to enjoy a safe cinema trip, Omniplex have implemented a range of new measures including:
· Pre-Booking of tickets – to control the number of guests in our foyers and auditoriums, tickets need to be booked online.
· In-Cinema Seat Separation – a 2 metre gap will be automatically provided beside, in-front of and behind each booking
· Limited capacity – maximum of 50 guests at any time in the foyer or at any screening with social distancing in place, screen capacities will reduce by over 70%.
· Enhanced cleaning regimes – including screens and all customer touchpoints. Guests will find sanitisation stations in each of our cinemas.
· Reduced showtimes – only one movie will start every 20 minutes to facilitate social distancing and extra cleaning.
These policies will be adapted in line with official guidance.
Mark Anderson, Director of Omniplex Cinemas, said, “We’re delighted to be re-opening our cinemas over the next few weeks with a selection of popular classic movies. In order to enjoy a safe cinema going experience patrons will notice some changes. We have worked hard to ensure our auditoriums observe 2m social distancing and for the first few weeks tickets will only be sold online. Patrons will also notice new directional and instructional signs throughout the cinema as well as self-scanning of tickets. However fresh Popcorn and treats will still be available at the shop!”
On the opening of a brand new D’LUXX cinema in Drogheda, Mark continued “We had intended to open our 4 screen D’LUXX cinema in Drogheda in late March, so we’re excited to be finally able open on 3rd July. Coincidentally our D’LUXX cinemas are naturally well suited to social distancing, each seat features 2 metres of legroom.’
Mark also noted “Cinema is a place where you can safely enjoy a day out with your family, a date-night with your partner, or a movie night with friends, we are delighted to be again able to show movies to our customers nationwide.”
About Omniplex Group
Fully Irish owned by the Anderson family, Omniplex is the largest cinema chain on the island of Ireland, with over 249 screens in 33 locations. Omniplex has recently launched major investment program in the West of Ireland with cinema plans in Ballinasloe, Galway & Killarney and in the Midlands in Longford, Mullingar & Roscommon.