Measures taken to alleviate concerns about protests
Hong Kong, China (October 31, 2019) – In 42 days, many of you will be traveling to Hong Kong for the 25th Edition of CineAsia. Some of you who have championed the convention over the years have considered not attending because of the political unrest in Hong Kong. We certainly cannot fault those who are wary of the protesters and feel they might be in harm’s way, but let us take a moment to tell you what we are doing to help you to decide to come:
1) We cannot let the protestors dictate how we run our business and the importance of CineAsia.
2) The five major Hollywood studios have pledged their support for presenting product presentations and screenings including Disney, Warner Bros., Sony, Paramount and Universal. We owe it to these companies to be there to support their presentations.
3) With 95% of the protests on Saturday and Sunday, we reconfigured the show to start at 6pm on Monday, December 9 to allow guests to arrive late Sunday or early Monday and avoid the protestors.
4) Already 68 trade show exhibitors have signed on for the CineAsia Trade Show to date.
5) All activities, screenings and business presentations are under one roof.
6) We have asked that all host hotels to lower their prices so be sure to ask for their lowest rates.
7) Visa letters will be issued for those people needing them to attend the show.
Now in our 25th year, CineAsia continues to be the best and most effective way to network and do business with the motion picture industry in the APAC region.
Nowhere else in Asia can you accomplish as much in a short period of time to sustain, and help grow your business in the year to come. Join your cinema exhibition, distribution, and motion picture industry colleagues for 4 days of networking and product presentations and screening of major Hollywood films soon to be released. Attendees will also get an opportunity to visit the Trade Show where you can learn about the latest equipment, products, and technologies to stay ahead of the trends.
About GDC Technology Limited – Official Presenting Sponsor of CineAsia
GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’) is a leading digital cinema solutions provider. GDC develops, manufactures and sells media servers, integrated cinema automation solutions, portable and enterprise series storage systems, theatre management systems and circuit-wide centralized management systems, and network operations center software for the global cinema industry. GDC is a licensee of the DTS:X object-based immersive sound technology from DTS, Inc. for the development of its media servers. In addition, GDC also provides a suite of digital cinema products and services, including integrated projection systems, 3D products, projector lamps and silver screens. Since 2009, GDC Digital Cinema Network Limited, a GDC subsidiary, has managed VPF for up to 6,300 theatre screens and with more than 650 studios or motion picture distributors worldwide.
About Film Expo Group
Film Expo Group is the premier organizer of events in the motion picture industry. The Film Expo Group produces ShowEast, held in Miami; CineEurope, held in Barcelona; and CineAsia, held in Hong Kong.
The events feature exclusive screenings of upcoming films, product presentations of films in production, and educational seminars led by industry leaders, and a trade show with equipment and concessions suppliers to movie theatres. Each event also includes special events and an award ceremony honoring recent trailblazers within the industry.