Phase 2 on June 26th will include Arlington Lincoln Square, Royal Lane, and Pearland, TX, CA theatres in Rocklin and Bakersfield, Marietta, GA, Seminole and Sunset Walk in FL
Studio Movie Grill is excited to join fellow exhibitors in re-opening its Texas locations in The Colony and Tyler as well as CityCentre, Houston this Friday, June 19. Phase 2 will see SMG’s open June 26 in Arlington Lincoln Square, Dallas Royal Lane, and Pearland, TX as well Rocklin and Bakersfield, CA; Marietta, GA; Seminole and Sunset Walk, in FL. More locations will be added weekly.
“We are ecstatic to safely welcome guests back to the thrill of movies on the big screen at SMG Theaters,” Founder/CEO Brian Schultz shared. “Aligning with our vision to make a positive impact, we are proudly donating 10% of ticket, food and beverage proceeds from opening weekend (6/19-21) to the SMG One Story Fund, supporting team members in need.”
Health and safety are unequivocally top priority. All touch points will meet or exceed current protocols and guidance from the CDC. Re-openings follow a comprehensive team member training program and addition of new procedures. Team members will be required to have a health check prior to starting work and to wear protective masks as well as gloves when preparing or handling food. SMG locations will operate at 50% capacity and offer simple, safer ways to enjoy dinner and a movie in comfort. SMG has developed new technology to allow for automated, contactless purchasing and guests will be encouraged to buy their tickets and purchase food online using the SMG mobile app. All theaters will have social distancing built into seat selections, and SMG will extend the gap between showtimes to allow for stringent cleaning and sanitizing of auditoriums and high touch areas. Hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout. Full details here studiomoviegrill.com/story/reopen
SMG is committed to winning movie-goers back with distinctive service and amenities in support of the future of theatre-going. “SMG delivers the best of both worlds with a full-service, freshly prepared menu in a luxurious, fully-reclined theatre for a superior movie-going experience,” Head of Revenue & Marketing, Tonya Mangels noted. “Gone are the days of one-size fits all. Consumers want shareable, memorable outings. SMG continues to boldly innovate ways to enhance the moviegoing experience.”
The brand is unveiling NEW amenities to better serve and customize the guest journey:
- SMG App & Self-Service Kiosks: Tickets, food, and cocktails can be ordered via SMG App or Kiosks, including saving favorites. If preferred, guest can still order from their seats.
- SMG Private Auditorium: Book for only $200 via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Updated Restaurant Menu: SMG’s famous Panko-Crusted Coconut Chicken Tenders, indulgent Chocolate Beignets and freshly popped Gourmet Popcorn will return, plus new offerings of Chile Lime Chicken Salad, Smoked Beef Brisket and Sriracha Chicken Sliders.
- Refreshed Bar Features: Celebrity inspired drinks include Ryan Reynolds Aviation American Gin; Matthew McConaughey’s Wild Turkey Longbranch Bourbon; 50 Cent’s Branson Cognac.
- SMG Access Loyalty Perks For Eats & Drinks: Members will now earn points on food and beverages, in addition to ticket purchases and all prior benefits.
- SMG Access Loyalty & Subscription Benefit Extension: All Director memberships expiring March-August, will be extended through September. All Subscription members can use their benefits for FREE through July 31 st and monthly billing will not restart until August.
- SMG To-Go: Theatres will offer takeout and GrubHub delivery offering the full SMG menu, plus Family-Size Popcorn. For a limited time, SMG is offering 2 FREE tickets with every order.
“We are incredibly encouraged by guest feedback indicating a strong desire to return to the theater,” said Schultz, “This is truly my life’s passion and family business. We are anxious to emerge from this unprecedented time to welcome movie lovers, restaurant goers and those seeking a diversion back to SMG for an unparalleled experience that promises to be even better than before.”
We are all eagerly anticipating the release of great new films from Hollywood studios in July and re-energizing the affordable, communal, often life-changing movie-going experience that will continue to be an integral part of our culture. Until then, as we await new film releases, SMG is grateful to partner with Warner Brothers to show popular and top-requested movies at discount rates of $5 Adults, $3 Students/Seniors, $1 Children’s Summer Series and FREE Just Mercy screenings. For showtimes and tickets download the SMG App or visit studiomoviegrill.com
About Studio Movie Grill
Conceived in 1993, Studio Movie Grill (“SMG”) modernized the traditional movie-going experience by combining first-run movies with full-service, in-theater dining. SMG has swiftly grown to 353 screens in 10 states. SMG was named to Inc. Magazine’s List of “Fastest Growing Private Companies” three years in a row, placed 11 th in Box Office Magazine’s Giants of the Industry and, in 2019, 50 films put SMG in the top 10 at the Box Office with key titles grossing as high as #5 in box office receipts. Honoring its commitment to Opening Hearts and Minds, One Story at a Time, SMG’s legacy programs include Special Needs Screenings, Chefs for Children program and annual Opening Hearts & Minds Award, which strive to help families and acknowledge local heroes. In June 2018, SMG created a unique loyalty program, SMG Access TM which, as loyal guests earn rewards, allows them to join SMG in offering movies and meals to underserved community members. To date, this program has earned over 44,000 movies and meals. For additional information, visit studiomoviegrill.com