CJ 4DPLEX Continues Global Expansion of Innovative Theater Experience 4DX and ScreenX, with 9 new deals in North America, LATAM, Europe, Asia and Africa
CJ 4DPLEX, the world’s leading cinema technology company, has officially wrapped its seventh appearance at CinemaCon 2019 (Las Vegas, NV). Major announcements at the conference included global expansion, multi-picture agreement with Warner Bros. Pictures, and showcase of their latest cinematic innovations.
9 new deals, expanding 4DX and ScreenX footprint worldwide.
· Bright Minds/Empire Cinemas to open 10 new 4DX theaters in Saudi Arabia by 2023
· Cineplanet to open 3 all-new ScreenX theaters in Peru and Chile by 2019
· Cineplex to open 20 additional ScreenX theaters in Canada, with the first 12 screens by 2020
· Cineplex GmbH & Co. KG to open the very first 4DX screen in Germany in 2019
· Cinepolis to open 3 All-new ScreenX and 4 additional 4DX screens, including the award-winning ‘4DX with ScreenX’ Format in the Americas within 2019
· INOX to bring the very first ScreenX theatres to India
· Kinepolis to open 6 ScreenX theatres
· PVR to open 10 ScreenX theaters in India by 2021
· Silver Screens to open 6 4DX and ScreenX theaters
Warner Bros. Pictures’ Multi-Slate Agreement
Warner Bros. Pictures announced a multi-picture deal for seven new films released globally in 2019 in the innovative, multi-sensory 4DX format. The studio’s slate of 4DX releases will include:
· “Shazam!” on April 5th
· “The Curse of La Llorona” on April 19th
· “POKÉMON Detective Pikachu” on May 10th
· “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” on May 31st
· “Annabelle Comes Home” on June 28th
· “It: Chapter Two” on September 6th
· “Joker” on October 4th
Showcase of Latest Cinematic Innovations
CJ 4DPLEX’s seventh CinemaCon appearance showcased new advancements highlighting the company’s dedication to pursuing “The Next Phase in Cinematic Innovation.” Technologies on display included:
· “4DX with ScreenX” featured its latest motion chairs with the addition of modular EFX package and Smart Scent technology that will enhance the moviegoing experience
· “4DX Recliner” featured a motion base platform that converts existing recliners into 4DX motion chairs, adding comfort
· “4DX VR Disk & Racing” took immersive experience beyond the auditorium and into the lobby
· “4DX Flying Cinema” featured individualized motion seating that will hang from multi-level floors with the option to swivel and twist, and sync to the action on screen
“We are very excited to have had another hugely successful year at CinemaCon 2019.” said JongRyul Kim, CEO of CJ 4DPLEX. “We have presented the very best new technologies, continued to develop larger partnerships with Hollywood, and demonstrated the strong growth that CJ 4DPLEX is building together with theater exhibitors all around the world. 4DX and ScreenX continue to be innovative technologies that will push the theatrical experience for both audiences that are increasingly seeking new ways to experience cinema and theater owners that rely on the box office draw of immersive cinema technologies.”
About CJ 4DPLEX
CJ 4DPLEX is a leading, next-generation cinema technology company, headquartered in Seoul with international offices in Los Angeles and Beijing. The company has created innovative film technologies for theaters worldwide that include ‘4DX’ and ‘4DX with ScreenX’ for consumers to experience films in ways that were never before possible. 4DX provides moviegoers with an innovative multi-sensory experience, allowing the audience to connect with movies through motion, vibration, water, wind, snow, lightning, scents, and other special effects that enhance the visuals on-screen. Each 4DX auditorium incorporates motion-based seating synchronized with 21 different effects and optimized by a team of skilled editors, maximizing the excitement of the movie, beyond the limits of audio and video. More than 640 Hollywood and local titles have been screened in 4DX. To date, more than 73,000 4DX seats operate in 629 auditoriums, spanning 63 countries.
CJ 4DPLEX was named Most Innovative Company of 2017 and 2019 in Live Events by Fast Company, and its technology has been recognized with Silver at the Edison Awards in the Media and Visual Communications-Entertainment category in 2015 and 2018.
ScreenX is the world’s first multi-projection theater technology used within a theatre setting, marking it as the most visually immersive theater experience of CJ 4DPLEX. ScreenX allows moviegoers to go beyond the frame of the movie screen by utilizing a proprietary system that expands images of feature films and pre-show advertising to the left and right walls of the theatre, creating an immersive, panoramic, 270-degree viewing experience. To date, ScreenX has been installed in 203 screens around the world, including 87 screens in South Korea; 66 screens in China; 17 in the United States; 9 in England; 4 in Turkey; 4 in Japan; 3 in Switzerland; 2 in France; 2 in Vietnam and 1 in Spain, Hungary, UAE, Kuwait, Thailand, Indonesia, Israel, Canada, and Poland. ScreenX was recognized as the “Innovator of the Year” at ShowEast 2018.
About 4DX with ScreenX
4DX with ScreenX is a remarkable, one-of-a-kind cinematic experience that is a blend of 4DX’s motion and environmental effects coupled with the visual immersion of ScreenX. The format has been honored this year by Fast Company in the ‘Live Events’ category as one of ‘The World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019”. In addition, the cutting-edge format was a recipient of the Silver Edison Award in the Media, Visual Communications & Entertainment category in 2018.