Santa Monica, California (April 23, 2019) – Atom Tickets, the social ticketing app, revealed today that “Avengers: Endgame”’s three-week pre-sales run has proven to be the most successful pre-sales period in Atom Tickets history. As the epic movie enters its opening weekend across the country, theaters are preparing for the demand by adding showtimes. Atom has a few tips to share with fans to help them score the best seats for opening day.
Atom Tickets has looked across its available tickets and with “Avengers: Endgame” showtimes taking up nearly 70% of all showtimes this weekend, in part due to theaters extending hours, there are tickets still available on opening day. Here are three tips to finding the best seats:
- Look for the “5”: As mentioned, new showtimes have been added, so look for a time that ends in a 5 (ie 11:35am), this indicates it was recently added and may have more seats open.
- Expand Geo Search: The primetime moviegoing hours of 6pm to 12am on opening night are tough to find with many showtimes sold out but try expanding the geographical reach and check out screenings in smaller surrounding cities.
- Consider Alternative Hours: For fans with flexible schedules, there are a good amount of seats available for “after hours” screenings between 2am – 6am in addition to mid-day between 11am – 4pm (when many people work). For fans that can call in sick, work flexible hours, or stay up until dawn these are viable options for great seats.
“This is truly a historic event in pop culture. “Avengers: Endgame” is the culmination of a decade’s worth of interconnected cinematic storytelling built around characters that fans love,” said Amber Tarshis, Head of Marketing, Atom Tickets. “With “Avengers: Endgame” being the end of an era, diehard fans and casual moviegoers alike are looking to snap up their tickets. We hope by sharing these tips, we will help them get the best seats possible.”
Atom Tickets also continues to offer an exclusive Bosslogic movie poster as a gift with ticket purchase. Thousands of orders for the poster have been placed already and they will be available only on Atom thru Sunday, April 28.
“Avengers: Endgame” has been breaking records on Atom since tickets went on sale April 2:
- Within the first hour of tickets going on sale, “Avengers: Endgame” sold THREE times the amount of tickets “Avengers: Infinity War” sold last year.
- Within the first day, “Avengers: Endgame” sold FIVE times the amount of sales of the previous record set by “Aquaman”.
- After its first week of pre-sales, it sold nearly TWICE as many tickets as the next four record holders combined, which includes “Aquaman”, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”, “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Captain Marvel”.
- Within 10 days it became the best pre-sale title of all time.
About Atom Tickets
Atom Tickets was named among the 2019 Top Places to Work in LA by BuiltInLA and is backed by Lionsgate, Disney, Twentieth Century Fox Film, and Fidelity Management & Research Company. Atom Tickets allows consumers to search for films instantly, invite friends, buy tickets, pre-order concessions and more. Enabled on over 22,000 screens across the U.S., the platform’s innovative marketing capabilities help studios, exhibitors and brands maximize revenue opportunities. The company’s advisory board includes Steven Spielberg, J.J. Abrams, Tyler Perry, Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia who serve as resources to Atom in developing the most innovative and convenient theatrical movie experiences for consumers.