Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (March 3, 2021) – Following the official announcement by our Senior Minister (Security), Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob on 2 March 2021, TGV Cinemas will be taking this opportunity to reopen all their cinema doors (except TGV Miri and Vivacity) and provide a joyous welcome back to moviegoers across the nation from 5 March 2021 onwards with a lineup of new titles including Disney’s “Raya and the Last Dragon”, “Monster Hunter”, “Master”, and “Anbirkiniyal”. Movie buffs can get excited as TGV Cinemas will also be bringing back some titles that many might have missed such as “Wonder Woman 1984”, “The Rescue” and many more.
TGV Cinemas is all about reopening with a bang, hence we welcome moviegoers back with more movies and more promos such as:
1. Movie tickets from as low as RM8 for MovieClub members and RM10 for non-members
2. Touch ‘n Go eWallet All-Day RM12 Movie Tickets
3. Up to 50% off for selected F&B Combos
Another reason for avid moviegoers to celebrate is that paired seating is now allowed in cinema auditoriums. Guests from the same family and residence are allowed to sit in pairs, however, related documents must be produced as proof when requested.
The health of the moviegoers remains as our top priority and TGV would like to reassure moviegoers that the necessary safety measures will still be carried out diligently together with the collective responsibility from the customers to follow the standard procedures to maintain cinemas as a safe entertainment destination.
Our enhanced safety measures include:
Customer Entry (Safety Protocols)
1. No entry for guests above 37.5° Celsius and those with symptoms
2. No entry for guests without a mask on
3. Check-in for tracing purposes via MySejahtera
4. Only guests above 12 and below 60 are encouraged to enter
Physical Distance Practices
1. 1-metre physical distance markers at queue areas and alternate paired seating in the auditorium
2. Alternate concession counters to serve our customers
3. Online transactions & cashless payment modes are encouraged
4. Alternate restroom facilities available
5. Crowd management procedures
1. Sanitisation at common touch points at least 3 times daily
2. Hand sanitisers readily available
3. Extended cleaning of auditoriums after each movie
Staff and Food Preparation Safety
1. F&B are prepared in a hygienic manner
2. Staff wear masks at all times
3. Staff go through daily health screening & wash their hands frequently
TGV will continue to ensure the safety of the moviegoers to provide enjoyable peace-of-mind cinematic experiences for all.