KUALA LUMPUR (September 13, 2021) – TGV Cinemas is working towards welcoming moviegoers to a fully vaccinated environment from 23rd September this month.
The decision was made after consultation with movie studios who are working tirelessly on seeking local censorship approvals for their movies, cinemagoers can expect an exciting line up of major releases in conjunction with TGV’s reopening including “Black Widow” starring “Scarlett Johansson,” “Jungle Cruise” starring Dwayne Johnson, Daniel Craig in “No Time To Die” and many more in the month of September.
“We have now received the updated movie line ups from our studio partners, it’s evident that major Hollywood titles will only be ready for cinemas to exhibit from September 23rd. Also, our primary focus is the safety & security of all our staff & guests and to ensure we reopen complying with all SOPs, TGV is taking every necessary precautionary measure and will not rush into reopening.” says Mohit Bhargava – GM of Sales & Marketing, TGV Cinemas.
New Entry SOP & Age Requirement
As part of the new SOP, only fully vaccinated individuals (guests and staff) of age 18 and above who fulfil the following criteria are eligible to enter the cinema premises. Individuals must be able to produce Digital Vaccination Certificate as proof when requested.
- Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Sinovac: +14 days from the date of completion of 2nd dose
- Johnson & Johnson, Cansino: +28 days from the date of completion of dose
TGV will also be operating at reduced seating capacity to allow for proper one metre social distancing in halls and guests are only allowed to purchase seats according to the layout as set on our website and app. Paired seating is permitted for family members and/or members of the same household.
Other enhanced safety measures include:
Customer Entry (Safety Protocols)
- Entry is restricted to fully vaccinated (guests & staff) of age 18+ only
- No entry for guests above 37.5° Celsius and those with symptoms
- No entry for guests without a mask
- Check-in for tracing purposes via MySejathra
Physical Distance Practices
- 1-metre physical distance markers at queue areas
- Concession sales via TGV Web/App and concession kiosks only
- Online transactions & cashless payment modes are encouraged
- Alternate restroom facilities available
- Staggered scheduling of movie sessions to minimize crowd formation in common areas
- Sanitization at common touchpoints multiple times daily
- Hand sanitizing stations readily available in all common areas
- Extended cleaning of auditoriums after each movie
Staff and Food Hygiene
- All staffs working are fully vaccinated and wear masks at all times
- F&B are prepared in a hygienic manner with food handlers using gloves and following all mandated safety protocols
- Staff go through daily health screening, practice safety procedures & wash their hands frequently
Detailed SOPs will be published online on tgv.com.my in conjunction with announcement of ticket sales very soon.
From all of us at TGV Cinemas, we cannot wait to welcome you back to the movies…!
About TGV Cinemas
At TGV, it’s not just about movies but a total entertainment experience! Since 1995, TGV has welcomed millions of guests through its doors offering the widest range of cinematic experiences in Malaysia. From pioneering Beanie Halls in 2017 through to being IMAX’s primary partner in Malaysia, TGV continually strives to be Malaysia’s leading location based entertainment company. TGV presently operates a national network of multiplexes with 37 locations and 295 screens nationwide.
Beyond the screen, TGV is widely renowned for its mouth-watering popcorn which has been dubbed #PopKing upon being voted Malaysia’s favourite cinema popcorn in 2020, and the company is also home to the country’s leading cinema loyalty program ‘TGV MovieClub’ with over 1.8Mill members. Whether you need family fun, a great night out, a luxurious experience or an immersive cinematic adventure – you can have it all at TGV Cinemas.