Game-changing technology to automate workflow along with HFR media servers paves the way for the cinema industry to enter the future
GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’), a leading global provider of digital cinema solutions, announced today that it will showcase the Catalyst Award-winning Best New Technology of CinemaCon 2019 and other new products at this year’s Big Cine Expo, held from August 27 to 28 at the Bombay Exhibition Center. The new products include an expanded capability to manage up to 30 screens with its centralized cinema automation system, a 4K high frame rate (HFR) and 4K 3D next-generation FAST (Flexible Architecture Stable Technology) media server series, and a bespoke all-in-one media server designed for boothless mini-theatre.
“The Indian cinema market is this highly competitive industry, exhibitors are looking for ways to reduce total cost of ownership, at the same time increase operation efficiency,” said Sachin R. Shetty, country head of GDC Technology India. “CA2.0 is a the only smart cinema solution to suit the exhbitors’ needs by offering a couple of advantages: centralized playback of thousands of movies, automatic content management and intelligent cinema equipment management.”
Expanded Cinema Automation 2.0 (CA2.0) capability
The revolutionary GDC CA2.0 incorporates the SCL Mk2 Centralized Playback Server Series, an integrated centralized storage and playback system designed to streamline content management, and leverages machine intelligence to increase efficiency by several orders of magnitude while dramatically reducing the need for human intervention.
SCL Mk2 Series servers offer each auditorium the access to a wide assortment of movies (up to a couple of thousands of DCPs) from a centralized server without the need of local storage attached to every media server.
· Content ingest and multi-auditorium playback can be performed concurrently; DCP can be ingested in approximately 30 minutes to a centralized SCL Mk2 server during playback and making the content available on up to 30 auditoriums for instant playback;
· Designed with scalability and reliability to help save both time and money. The storage capacity can be customized based on the number of screens (from 4 to 30) and the number of movie titles to be stored and streamed to all the auditoriums;
· Content ingest to media server is not needed hence eliminating content transfer and management;
· With the storage capacity (of each auditorium) increased by up to 100 times when compared to the traditional method, SCL Mk2 Series servers are the answer to exhibitors’ demand for an “online” content solution that enables them to maintain competitiveness in today’s market.
CA2.0 incorporates other impressive advances, such as:
· automates the complex procedures of manually compiling or editing show playlists. Auto-SPL Generation is performed in approximately one minute;
· intelligently manages equipment power supply and assures industry standard screening quality automatically by smart testing and analysis;
· its sophisticated fail-safe design helps eliminate interruptions by ensuring that every screening continues undisturbed in the highly unlikely event of a central server failure.
SR-Series Standalone Integrated Media Block with FAST (Flexible Architecture Stable Technology) for advanced cinematic imagery
Based on proven technology from GDC, a cinema owner’s reliable choice since 2000, GDC’s SR Family was introduced in March at CinemaCon 2017 to rave reviews by exhibitors. This year, the product line expands to include two new media server series designed with advanced features to enhance the imagery.
Key features and benefits of the new SR-Series IMBs
· Compatibility with the next generation of DLP Cinema projectors
SR-5400 Series is capable of playing DCP content in 4K 3D and 4K@60fps and seamlessly integrates the next generation of DLP Cinema projectors for Barco, Christie and NEC. The SR-6400C is capable of 4K@120fps, 4K@240fps in 3D mode and compatible with the new Christie projector featuring ReaLaser illumination and CineLife+;
· Features CineCache
The SR-Series is designed with diskless CineCache (built-in cache memory). Content ingest and playback can be performed concurrently without the need of local HDD storage;
· Supports playback of thousands of movies
Take full advantage of show scheduling with Ultra Storage technology that enables the playback of thousands of movies with CA2.0;
· High reliability
Ultra-reliable SR-Series media servers with built-in embedded power electronics used in medical and military products ensuring the overall system stability. It is SGS certified for 100,000 hours MTBF;
· User-friendly and intuitive web-based user interface
The web-based IMB SMS offers user-friendly and intuitive UI. With drag-and-drop, filtering and navigating functions, operators can easily switch between tabs or pages. Also, wireless access is also enabled by using mobile devices such as a smart phone or tablet.
A proud partner of Big Cine Expo
GDC will participate the panel discussion about “Demystifying The Technology Innovation” on August 27 at 2:30-3:15 pm. To discover more about the numerous benefits of the CA2.0 and the innovative FAST media servers, along with other GDC digital cinema products, visit GDC booth #303. Interested delegates can contact GDC to arrange an individual meeting with a sales consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About GDC Technology Limited (www.gdc-tech.com)
GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’) is a leading digital cinema solutions provider. GDC develops, manufactures and sells media servers, content storage systems, theatre management systems and network operations center software for the global cinema industry. GDC is a licensee of the DTS:X object-based immersive sound technology from DTS, Inc. for the development of its media servers. In addition, GDC also provides a suite of digital cinema products and services, including integrated projection systems, 3D products, projector lamps and silver screens. GDC Digital Cinema Network Limited, a GDC subsidiary, manages VPFs for over 6,300 theatre screens and with more than 650 studios or motion picture distributors worldwide.