New TmsAware will provide monitoring of playback status and scheduled showstimes
GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’), a leading global provider of digital cinema solutions, announced today that it has launched TmsAware™, a new cloud based solution powered by AWS serverless architecture.
Key benefits of TmsAware
The most recent development of cloud computing which caters to web applications was initially used for cost savings and efficiency, but the cloud has turned into an innovation powerhouse. GDC TmsAware was developed to have a significant effect on the cinema’s operation process.
- Receive push notifications via a secure internet connection from the latest version of GDC’s CA2.0 and TMS-2000 to the App that require users attention, such as scheduled showtimes overlapping
- Able to access more than one theatre’s CA2.0/TMS with internet access
- Supports both iOS and Android (coming soon to the Apple App Store and Google Play)
- Created for both mobile phones and tablets
- Cloud based solution powered by AWS serverless architecture for scalability, reliability and security
“At GDC, innovation is driven by our passion to satisfy the ever-evolving needs of our customers today and in the future. With the recent development of cloud computing, we are able to put the cinemas infrastructure in both hardware and software applications in the cloud to address the fast-changing digital landscape.” said Dr. Man-Nang Chong, founder, chairman and CEO of GDC Technology. “Our new TmsAware was developed to improve and monitor content playback and scheduled showtimes, helping exhibitors run a more efficient operation.”
About GDC Technology Limited (www.gdc-tech.com)
GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’) is a leading digital cinema solutions provider. GDC develops, manufactures and sells media servers, content storage systems, theatre management systems and network operations center software for the global cinema industry. GDC is a licensee of the DTS:X™ object-based immersive sound technology from DTS, Inc. for the development of its media servers. In addition, GDC also provides a suite of digital cinema products and services, including integrated projection systems, 3D products, projector lamps and silver screens. GDC Digital Cinema Network Limited, a GDC subsidiary, manages VPFs for over 6,300 theatre screens and with more than 650 studios or motion picture distributors worldwide.