GDC to Demonstrate its Award-winning RGB+ Laser Phosphor Cinema Projector to Delegates at the World’s Largest Cinema Industry Convention
GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’), a leading global provider of digital cinema solutions, announced today the worldwide sales and commitments of its multi-award-winning Espedeo Supra-5000 RGB+ Laser Phosphor Cinema Projector from Espedeo Holdings Limited, a GDC company has exceeded 400 units since its introduction in August 2021. The rapid sales growth of GDC’s first RGB+ laser phosphor projector in such countries as Australia, China, England, Germany, Hong Kong, India, the Middle East, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and the United States substantiates the global adoption by cinema owners.
GDC will demonstrate Espedeo Supra-5000 in a mini-theatre at CinemaCon 2022, scheduled from April 25 to 28 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas in Milano Ballroom II, located on the Promenade level. GDC will use the opportunity to showcase other Espedeo products, including the Espedeo PM-2000B Polarized 3D System to attendees. Attendees will be able to experience the Supra-5000’s image quality using DLP technology and the world’s leading ALPD 4.0 technology; and the immersive sound of DTS:X for IAB support to demonstrate Supra-5000’s built-in professional cinema audio processor with IAB rendering. Interested delegates can RSVP here or contact GDC to arrange an individual meeting with a sales consultant at email@example.com.
The Supra-5000 demonstrates the best possible all-in-one DCI projection system from renowned technologists: GDC, Appotronics, and Texas Instruments. Supra-5000 is the world’s smallest, quietest, and lightest ceiling-mounted DCI-compliant laser projector with powerful built-in features. It is specifically designed for in-auditorium installation (with no hush box) in commercial mini-theatres and other venues such as private home cinemas, hotels, private screening rooms, and yachts.
“We are thrilled with the cinema industry’s rapid adoption of Espedeo Supra-5000. We design and manufacture Supra-5000 specifically for the emerging boutique cinema market, which is the driver for the sales growth worldwide,” said Dr. Man-Nang Chong, founder, chairman, and CEO of GDC Technology Limited. “The mini-theatre and boutique cinema market is quickly growing globally. With Espedeo products, we are delivering the advanced cinema technology to our dealers and customers entering the emerging trend.”
“The launch of a small laser projector for micro cinemas couldn’t have come at a better time. We’re pleased with the bright, vivid image quality, and amazing color of GDC’s Supra-5000. It was easy to mount inside the auditorium which eliminated the cost to build a projection booth,” said Chris Johnson, CEO, Classic Cinemas.
Key features and benefits of Supra-5000 laser cinema projector
- Designed for in-auditorium ceiling mount (no hush box).
- Risk Group 2 Classification (does not require Nominal Ocular Hazard Distance clearance)
- Ambient cooled without exhaust.
- RGB+ laser phosphor digital cinema projector with the world’s leading ALPD 4.0 technology, achieving DCI colors and 99% of Rec.2020 color gamut.
- One of the brightest 3D presentations utilizing unique laser polarization technology
- Light engine and lens are designed with IP5X level of dustproof protection for maximizing brightness.
- Built-in GDC’s All-in-One Board designed for near-zero maintenance electronics and 100,000 hours Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF).Diskless
- CineCacheTM 2TB (built-in cache storage). Content ingest and playback can be performed concurrently without local HDD storage. Incredibly fast ingest during playback.
- The Supra-5000 offers various built-in options for a 5.1 / 7.1 / 15.1 cinema audio processor and a DTS:XTM decoder that supports SMPTE ST 2098-2 immersive audio bitstream (IAB) standard. The Supra-5000 offers the capability to reproduce an incredibly deep, rich listening experience designed for 5.1 and 7.1 PCM uncompressed surround sound functionality. When the Supra-5000 featuring DTS:X Solution for IAB support, audiences can immerse themselves with object-based audio technology for a 360° audio experience.
- Supports GDC Cinema Automation CA2.0 that enables the playback of thousands of movies and auto power-on/power-off for the projector’s laser according to the pre-set schedules.
- Supra Command Center: an intuitive web-based control UI connected to the projector’s built-in Wi-Fi that can be accessed with a computer, a laptop or a tablet.
- Option to customize the magnetic cover to match your ceiling color.
About GDC Technology Limited
GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’) is a leading digital cinema solutions provider with its manufacturing facility certified with ISO 9001:2015 by SGS. GDC develops, manufactures and sells cinema projector, media server for both projector and LED cinema display, content storage system, cinema enterprise software including theatre management system and advanced cinema automation system for the global cinema industry. GDC is a licensee of the DTS:XTM object-based immersive sound technology from DTS, Inc. for the development of its media servers. In addition, GDC also provides a suite of digital cinema products and services, including LED cinema, 3D product, audio equipment, projector lamp, silver screen, post-production service, and Electronic Delivery System (EDS).
About Espedeo Holdings Limited
Founded in 2006, Espedeo Holdings Limited (“Espedeo”), a GDC Technology Limited company, is a global digital cinema display equipment and solutions provider offering premium commercial and home cinema display solutions, cinema 3D system equipment and after-sales support service.
Espedeo and Espedeo Supra are trademarks of GDC Technology Limited. All other trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.
Media Contact: Tony Adamson
Phone: +1 (214) 686-0491
SOURCE: GDC Technology