AMC Stubs A-List is the No. 1 movie-going subscription service in North America
One year ago, on June 26, 2018, AMC Theatres (NYSE:AMC) changed the landscape of subscription-based movie-going with the launch of AMC Stubs A-List. Today, on its one-year anniversary, A-List is by far the No. 1 movie-going subscription service in North America with 860,129 members. These members have seen movies in AMC theatres more than 20 million times since the program’s inception.
Said Adam Aron, CEO and President of AMC Theatres:
“This one-year anniversary gives us an opportunity to reflect on the enormous success of the AMC Stubs A-List program. Prior to launching A-List last summer, we set an initial goal of 500,000 members after one year and a second goal of 1 million by June 26, 2020. Based on our research and best estimations at the time, those goals seemed aggressive but attainable heading into the launch of the program. Given the overwhelmingly positive moviegoer reception we received the moment A-List was announced, it quickly became clear the program would exceed those expectations. Indeed, we crossed 500,000 members within four-and-a-half months, and now sit at more than 860,000 members today.”
Aron added, “Equally exciting, A-List has increased moviegoing. Our A-List members have visited our AMC theatres more than 20 million times in the program’s first year to watch movies as they are meant to be seen, in theatres on the big screen.”
Tremendous Movie Going Value
Movie tickets – any show, any format
- AMC Stubs A-List members can see up to three movies per week, in every available AMC showtime and format, including opening night and opening weekend.
- Members can enjoy their movies in premium formats IMAX at AMC, Dolby Cinema at AMC, RealD 3D, PRIME at AMC and AMC DINE-IN at no additional cost. A-List was the first plan of this kind to offer these premium formats as part of its regular plan.
- Movie-lovers find more premium theatrical experiences at AMC Theatres than anywhere else in North America. All told, AMC offers more than 350 premium auditoriums, including IMAX at AMC, Dolby Cinema at AMC and PRIME at AMC.
- A-List makes planning ahead easy, via reservations capabilities on the AMCTheatres.com web site, or on the AMC Theatres mobile app. And with A-List, there are no online ticket fees!
- A-Listers receive a $5 reward for every $50 spent at AMC, including tickets purchased for friends and family, and food & beverage spending. This translates into a 10% discount that can be applied toward future AMC purchases.
- Most A-List members receive a $5 reward each month or every other month.
- A-List members also enjoy free size upgrades on popcorn and soda, free refills on large popcorn and express service at the box office and concession stand.
The Most Theatre Locations
- As the biggest theatrical exhibitor in the North America with 630 locations, AMC Theatres offers more movie-going options than any other exhibitor.
- For guests in 34 states, A-List is $19.95 per month, plus tax.
- For guests in Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington state and The District of Columbia, A-List is $21.95 per month, plus tax.
- For guests in California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York, A-List is $23.95 per month, plus tax.
About AMC Stubs A-List
AMC Stubs A-List rewards guests with up to three movies per week. Through A-List, members can enjoy every available showtime, at every AMC location, in every format — including IMAX at AMC, Dolby Cinema at AMC, RealD 3D, PRIME at AMC and BigD. AMC Stubs A-List can be used at the spur of the moment or also can make planning ahead days or weeks in advance possible, as securing tickets is made easy via reservations capabilities on the AMCTheatres.com web site, or on the AMC Theatres mobile app. A-List joins AMC Stubs Insider and AMC Stubs Premiere in AMC’s fast-growing AMC Stubs loyalty program. AMC Stubs A-List members also enjoy all the benefits of AMC Stubs Premiere, including free upgrades on popcorn and soda, free refills on large popcorn, express service at the box office and concession stand, no online ticketing fees and 100 points for every $1 spent on tickets for friends and family, and food and beverage spending at AMC theatres. AMC Stubs A-List members receive a $5 reward for every 5,000 points earned, which translates to a 10% credit toward future AMC purchases.
About AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc.
AMC is the largest movie exhibition company in the United States, the largest in Europe and the largest throughout the world with approximately 1,000 theatres and 11,000 screens across the globe. AMC has propelled innovation in the exhibition industry by: deploying its Signature power-recliner seats; delivering enhanced food and beverage choices; generating greater guest engagement through its loyalty and subscription programs, web site and mobile apps; offering premium large format experiences and playing a wide variety of content including the latest Hollywood releases and independent programming. AMC operates among the most productive theatres in the United States’ top markets, having the #1 or #2 market share positions in 21 of the 25 largest metropolitan areas of the United States. AMC is also #1 or #2 in market share in 12 of the 15 countries it serves in North America, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit www.amctheatres.com.