Los Angeles, California (April 25, 2019) – As “Avengers: Endgame” opens wide tonight, Fandango is reporting that the film is now the biggest preseller in Fandango history, selling more advance tickets than sold for “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” the previous record holder.
Fandango’s new list of the top five presellers of all time are as follows:
- “Avengers: Endgame” (2019)
- “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” (2015)
- “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” (2017)
- “Avengers: Infinity War” (2018)
- “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” (2016)
So far, 8,000 showtimes of “Endgame” have already sold out on Fandango at theaters across the country – from big cities to small towns, from Hilo, Hawaii to Newington, New Hampshire. The nation’s theater chains are constantly posting new opening weekend showtimes and adding new screens for “Endgame” on Fandango to meet the fan demand.
Among the presales records that “Avengers: Endgame” has set on Fandango to date:
- Biggest preseller of all time
- “Endgame” broke Fandango’s best first-day sales record (previously set by “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”) in just six hours
- Sold 5x as many tickets in the first week of presales as were sold for “Infinity War,” in the same window
- FandangoNOW saw a nearly 50% increase in transactions on Marvel titles in the weeks since “Avengers: Endgame” tickets went on sale
“It’s pacing to be our biggest box office weekend of all time,” says Fandango Managing Editor Erik Davis. “We’ve never seen so many new screens and new showtimes added to meet the demand. I expect fans to go back for repeat viewings of ‘Endgame’ throughout the weekend to catch all the things they missed in the film’s three-hour running time.”
Fans looking to get excited for “Endgame” and the incredible summer blockbuster season can check out Fandango Movieclips’ exhilarating Summer Movie Preview mashup here.
Fandango is the ultimate digital network for all things movies, serving more than 60 million unique visitors per month, according to comScore, with best-in-class movie information, ticketing to more than 30,000 U.S. screens, trailers and original video, home entertainment and fan merchandise. Its portfolio features leading online ticketers Fandango, MovieTickets.com and Flixster; world-renown movie review site Rotten Tomatoes; and Movieclips, the #1 movie trailers and content channel on YouTube. Fandango’s movie discovery and ticketing innovations can also be found on mobile, social, AI and voice platforms from Apple, Facebook, Google, Amazon, and others. Fandango’s video on-demand service, FandangoNOW offers new release and catalog movies and next-day TV shows to more than 200 million connected, over-the-top (OTT) and mobile devices. In Latin America, the company operates leading online ticketers Ingresso.com and Fandango Latin America.