Warrington becomes the 20th ODEON to be upgraded to Luxe format; featuring fully reclining seats, iSense screen with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS 3D sound
London, UK (June 24, 2019) – ODEON Cinemas Group – Europe’s largest cinema group – will tomorrow open the doors to its 20th Luxe cinema in the UK, offering the height of cinema comfort and style, ahead of this summer’s blockbuster film offering.
ODEON Luxe Warrington becomes the 20th and latest of the cinema group’s 121 sites in the UK & Ireland to receive a makeover, with 624 luxury handmade reclining seats across its 10 screens, offering film fans triple the legroom and increased personal space and comfort, as well as individual retractable tables to ensure the ultimate in-cinema comfort.
ODEON’s 21st Luxe location will also open this month in Leicester, with 10 more Luxe sites to be confirmed shortly, including new cinemas in London at Marble Arch, an additional site in Leicester Square and Islington.
Following acquisition by US cinema group AMC in 2016, ODEON opened the first ODEON Luxe in October 2017, and now has over 280 Luxe screens and more than 24,000 recliner seats in the UK and across Europe. Every seat on every row is expertly designed for customers to relax and recline during a film, while still offering fantastic value for money.
ODEON has also announced plans to increase the number of Dolby and IMAX screens in the UK, with the latest Dolby Cinema conversions announced earlier this week for ODEON Manchester Trafford Centre and ODEON Luxe Birmingham Broadway Plaza. The UK’s first Dolby Cinema screen was opened in December 2018 at ODEON Luxe Leicester Square when it reopened following a multi million pound Luxe refurbishment.
ODEON Luxe upgrades the whole cinema experience and offer a wide range of cinema treats for all tastes, with Oscar’s bars offering a wide range of wines and beers alongside the irresistible menu of hot and chilled food. For maximum comfort, these can be enjoyed at the table built into each seat.
The Luxe milestone arrives in time for the season’s explosive blockbusters and at a time of record cinema admissions in the UK. This summer’s tentpole movies include the highly-awaited launches of “Toy Story 4” (21 June), “Spider-Man: Far From Home” (2 July) and the live-action remake of “The Lion King” (19 July) – followed by “Downton Abbey” (September), “Frozen 2” (November) and “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” (December). UK cinema admissions in 2018 were the highest in 48 years, and in April 2019 “Avengers: Endgame” broke numerous UK box office records, including for the UK’s biggest opening weekend.
Mark Way, Managing Director of ODEON Cinemas Group said, “We are delighted to be opening our 20th ODEON Luxe in Warrington, a key milestone in our strategy to provide customers with the ultimate cinematic experience. The success of this format so far demonstrates that our guests want affordable luxury and that cinemas remain as popular as ever. We are providing customers a chance to see the latest entertainment in ultimate comfort and style and look forwards to introducing our Luxe format to even more communities in future.”
Key features of the new ODEON Luxe Warrington will include:
– 624 handmade fully-reclining seats across ten refurbished screens, with increased leg-room, improved comfort and individual retractable tables
– A cutting-edge 103 seat iSense screen, delivering a truly immersive, ultra-high-definition cinema experience, with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS 3D sound
– Over 238 brand new speakers across all auditoriums, with all standard screens also upgrading to Dolby 7.1 Surround sound
– New in-screen lighting systems to minimise distractions and optimise viewing angles with better light uniformity on all screens
– New Dolby Fidelio Audio Description system and Hearing-Impaired system across all screens for guests who are hard of hearing
– New food & drink offering, including lattice fries, chunky chips, chicken strips, sweet and salted popcorn, hot dogs, nachos, Tango Ice Blast and a Coca Cola Freestyle machine with over 100 different flavours to enjoy
– All-new Oscar’s Bar serving a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, along with freshly brewed Costa Coffee onsite
– ODEON’s sub-brands including ODEON Newbies, ODEON Silver and ODEON Kids
With more than 120 cinemas, over 950 screens and 87 years of cinema experience, ODEON is the leading cinema exhibitor across the UK & Ireland. ODEON prides itself in being the destination of choice for film lovers, with an ongoing commitment to investing in cutting edge technology and comfort which create the ultimate Luxe cinema experience – from luxury reclining seats, to immersive IMAX, Dolby Cinema and iSense screens with premium sight and sound, impeccable guest service and unique opportunities to watch screenings of 70mm prints at select sites.
With more than 5,700 colleagues employed across the UK & Ireland, ODEON has once again been placed number 25 in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For 2018 and named a Best Large Workplace in Ireland 2018. ODEON is part of ODEON Cinemas Group, Europe’s largest cinema operator, which hosts over 115m guests each year in more than 360 cinemas across 13 European countries. In 2016, our Group was acquired by AMC Theatres, creating the largest movie exhibition company in the world with over 1,000 theatres and 11,000 screens globally.