Four months after acquiring Movie Tavern, Marcus Theatres makes investment in facilities, programming and more to elevate the movie-going experience
Marcus Theatres, a division of The Marcus Corporation, today announced that 15 of the 22 Movie Tavern by Marcus locations are welcoming the highly anticipated summer blockbuster season with new amenities or plans for upcoming renovations. Enhancements include DreamLounger recliner seating and/or SuperScreen DLX or UltraScreen DLX auditoriums. Since acquiring the circuit in February, Marcus Theatres has also brought several of its signature programs and a revitalized menu to all Movie Tavern locations.
“Guests already knew and loved Movie Tavern for its innovative approach to in-theatre dining,” said Rolando Rodriguez, chairman, president and CEO of Marcus Theatres. “Building on this successful foundation, we are committed to elevating the moviegoing experience through the introduction of new amenities such as premium large format screens as well as proven programming including our popular $5 Movie Tuesday promotion and the Magical Movie Rewards? customer loyalty program.”
Within the past four months, Movie Tavern Collegeville (PA), Hulen (Fort Worth, TX) and Roswell (GA) cinemas have all completed the installation of DreamLounger recliners in every auditorium. The luxurious seating allows guests to go from seated upright to full recline with just the touch of a button, plus enjoy extra legroom between rows.
For the best comfort, sight and sound to match this summer’s biggest films, 11 auditoriums have been converted into the SuperScreen DLX experience across Movie Tavern Collegeville, Exton (PA), Flourtown (PA), Hulen, Syracuse (NY) and Trexlertown (Allentown, PA) cinemas. Opened over the course of the past three months, the state-of-the-art auditoriums feature an oversized screen, DreamLounger recliners and Dolby Atmos multidimensional sound with speakers along the front, back, sides and ceiling.
Guest feedback to these amenities has been overwhelmingly positive, leading to the planned opening of 10 more SuperScreen DLX auditoriums by the end of the summer across Movie Tavern Aurora (CO), Bedford (TX), Brannon Crossing (Nicholasville, KY), Citiplace (Baton Rouge, LA), Covington (LA) and Little Rock (AR) cinemas. Additionally, Movie Tavern Roswell will convert an auditorium into an UltraScreen DLX complete with a massive screen, DreamLounger recliners and Dolby Atmos sound. Other projects that will be underway soon include:
· Movie Tavern Covington: In addition to the SuperScreen DLX auditorium, DreamLoungers will be added to every auditorium, plus four currently closed movie screens will reopen.
· Movie Tavern Tucker (GA): Renovations will bring DreamLoungers to every auditorium and a new concession stand.
· Movie Tavern West 7th Street: The Tavern bar will be remodeled to feature a more modern look and feel by fall — a nice complement to the DreamLoungers added earlier this year.
On top of these investments and renovations, Movie Tavern has already introduced several value programs:
· Magical Movie Rewards (May): This free customer loyalty program awards guests with points for every dollar they spend, plus other perks like free complimentary-size popcorn on $5 Movie Tuesdays, zero fees for online/mobile ticketing and more. To date, the program has more than 3.3 million members between Marcus Theatres and Movie Tavern guests.
· Student Thursday* (March): At select locations, every Thursday, students and faculty with a valid ID can enjoy a movie for $6, plus free complimentary-size popcorn.
· $5 Movie Tuesday* (February): All movies are just $5 every Tuesday, along with free complimentary-size popcorn for Magical Movie Rewards members.
· Young at Heart* (February): Seniors ages 60 and over can see a movie for $6 every Friday before 5:30 p.m.
*Ticket prices are subject to tax where applicable. An additional charge applies for 3D, SuperScreen DLX, UltraScreen DLX and MTX showings during Student Thursday and Young at Heart.
Beyond programs, renovations and other offerings, Marcus Theatres has enhanced the dining experience by revitalizing the Movie Tavern menu. While many guest favorites remain, there are several new options such as popular fare from the Marcus Theatres circuit including Zaffiro’s handmade Thincredible pizza and mouthwatering double smash burgers. The updated menu also features an assortment of satisfying salads like the Southwest BBQ Crispy Chicken, chef-inspired entrees such as Steak and Shrimp and decadent desserts including the Marshmallow Brownie Sundae.
“We are committed to elevating the theatrical experience through food and beverage offerings that focus on quality, taste and premium ingredients,” said Greg Creighton, executive vice president and COO of Marcus Theatres. “With that in mind, our team of culinary experts refined the menu to feature a selection of made-from-scratch appetizers, pizzas, entrees and desserts that truly offer something for everyone.”
In tandem with these updates, Movie Tavern showtimes, locations and more can now be found at www.MarcusTheatres.com.
About Marcus Theatres
Movie Tavern by Marcus is owned by Marcus Theatres.
Marcus Theatres, a division of The Marcus Corporation, is the fourth largest theatre circuit in the United States and currently owns or operates 1,098 screens at 90 locations in 17 states. For more information, please visit www.marcustheatres.com and follow the company on Facebook and Twitter (@Marcus_Theatres).
About The Marcus Corporation
Headquartered in Milwaukee, The Marcus Corporation is a leader in the lodging and entertainment industries, with significant company-owned real estate assets. In addition to its Marcus Theatres division, its lodging division, Marcus® Hotels & Resorts, owns and/or manages 21 hotels, resorts and other properties in nine states. For more information, please visit the company’s website at www.marcuscorp.com.