70% of the world’s growth likely to come from the Emerging Markets by 2030.
Istanbul & London (December 4, 2018) – There were many firsts at #ecmistanbul 2018
- The first time an international cinema convention has ever taken place in Turkey and the first time that there’s been an international focus on the Turkish market during a dedicated session
- First ever international conference with a Saudi national discussing cinema on stage
- First ever presentation on Kazakhstan cinema at an international cinema convention
- First ever focused panel on Africa – this was a packed session and a real highlight
- First time Eikon presented the wonders of digitally adapting films, to suit local censorship, to an international audience
- The first time many of our delegates had ever been to a Turkish shopping centre and visited the incredible cinemas within these high class areas – changing the pre conceptions of cinema in Turkey for many of the delegates
- Plus …
- Session on Pakistan – amazing presentation which highlighted how much needs to be done in a country of over 200 million people
- Session on Angola and Mozambique – insight into the people and culture of this area
- Highlighting the untapped areas of growth including Event Cinema
Everyone who supported the event before and during the event – speakers, sponsors, delegates helped to make this a ground breaking few days.
The Emerging Cinema Markets 2018 conference would not have been possible without the support of our partners and gold sponsors – The Big Picture and SISAY Turkish Exhibitors Association alongside CGV Mars Entertainment Group, Aures, Cinema Next, Cinema Intelligence, Comscore, Movio and the Vista Group. As well as the support from all our event and media sponsors Cineplace, Cinionic, Coke, Eikon, Ferco, Influx Worldwide, JACRO, NEC, POSitive Cinema, Real D, Sony Digital Cinema 4K, TME Films, Webedia, Box Office Pro/France/Turkey, Celluloid Junkie, Cinema Technology, DCinema Today, Digital Cinema Reports, RLI, Screen International, British Chamber of Commerce Turkey, ICTA and the Middle East Council of Shopping Centres.