The Darkus Magazine 2020 Awards have just been announced and filmmaker Ella Greenwood has been awarded positive female role model of the year, at the age of only 19. Greenwood is the director of London-based production company Broken Flames Productions, which is building a slate of mental health based projects. She is a mental health advocate and is an ambassador for leading teen mental health charity stem4.
With her debut feature “Faulty Roots” being announced by Deadline earlier this year, and her latest project “Self-Charm” featuring in Variety, Greenwood is working on various projects that focus on mental illness, and has attracted extremely talented cast members including the likes of Bukky Bakray, star of Netflix’s “Rocks” and 2020 BAFTA Breakthrough Talent, as well as Gavin & Stacey’s Melanie Walters. Greenwood campaigns for better media representation of mental health and promotes female filmmaking and female-led stories.
Darkus is a music, fashion and creative lifestyle magazine based in the United Kingdom. Having been running since 2012, the magazine has gone from strength to strength to ensure it brings readers all the best when it comes to introducing them to some of the amazing people which exist in the world of music, fashion and lifestyle.
The full list of awards are as follows:
- Positive Female Role Model Of The Year: Ella Greenwood
- Positive Male Role Model Of The Year: Ryan-Mark Parsons
- Inspirational Lady Of The Year: Kait Borsay
- Good Vibes Award: Dr Arthur Cassidy
- Grass Roots Business Of The Year: SOHO Juice Co.
- Leader In Confidence Award: Alexandra Maurer
- Publicist of The Year: DDA PR // Daniela Correria
- Best Debut Single: Hannah Robinson”Fool For Him”
- North East Breakthrough Artist: ZELA
- Best International Debut Album: Anjimile “Giver/Taker”
- Best UK Breakthrough Artist: FIAA
- European Breakthrough Artist: Harina
- Pioneer Of Music – George Holliday // Made On The Road
- Best North East Promoter: Steve Davis // SSD Concerts
- Best North East Events Management: JAC Media
- EP of The Year: Upsahl – “Young Life Crisis”
- Best National PR Of The Year: Chuff Media
- Best Regional PR: Sonic PR
- Record Label Of The Year: Decca Records
- Album Of The Year: “Goodnight Songs For Rebel Girls”
- Emerging Designer Of The Year: Carmelita Pascale
- Designer of The Year: Paul Costelloe
- Fashion PR of The Year: Laura McCluskey
- Pioneers of Fashion: Rebecca Morter // Lone Design Club