Cinemark Holdings, Inc., a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry, announced today plans to build an eight-screen dine-in theatre at La Plaza Mall in McAllen, Texas. Construction is scheduled to begin in April 2020 with plans to open in early 2021.
“Cinemark is excited to bring our new, fresh, dine-in theatre concept to McAllen,” said Mark Zoradi, Cinemark CEO. “This will be our second CUT! By Cinemark location in Texas and it will provide a variety of opportunities for fun and entertainment for years to come.”
The theatre will be the entertainment anchor of La Plaza Mall, a Simon property. This mall is the largest enclosed shopping center south of San Antonio and is often recognized as the crown jewel of McAllen and the Rio Grande Valley.
“The Valley’s movie fans will really enjoy this great new theatre from Cinemark at La Plaza,” said Isabel Rodriguez, La Plaza Mall’s Director of Marketing and Business Development. “This will be a fantastic addition to the center.”
CUT! by Cinemark elevates the traditional movie theatre experience by offering guests made-to-order menu items and specialty cocktails to enjoy in any of the auditoriums, as well as in the dining, lounge and patio areas. Moviegoers will have chef-prepared entrees, refreshing beverages and traditional snacks delivered discreetly to their seat with the push of a button. The restaurant, lounge and patio are welcoming environments designed to offer guests fun, casual and social spaces.
This brand-new theatre boasts a wide array of offerings:
- A unique and freshly prepared menu of cuisine to enjoy, from fan-favorite snacks to full meals and decadent desserts
- A full-service bar offering popular beers, an impressive wine selection, specialty martinis and signature cocktails
- Eight ultra-modern auditoriums with wall-to-wall screens and enhanced sounds systems
- Cinemark Luxury Loungers— electric-powered, plush, oversize recliners with footrests, swivel trays, cup holders and heat-controlled seats
- 4K digital projection powered by Barco projectors; RealD 3D capability in several auditoriums
- An inviting outdoor patio with a fireplace and interactive social games
- Walk-up, easy-to-use ticket kiosks with a welcoming guest services area
- Reserved seating with online and app ticketing capabilities
To learn more about the progress of construction for the McAllen CUT! by Cinemark, visit La Plaza. Stay connected with Cinemark at cinemark.com and through Cinemark’s social media channels at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@Cinemark or #Cinemark).
About Cinemark Holdings, Inc.
Cinemark is a leading domestic and international motion picture exhibitor, operating 547 theatres with 6,051 screens in 41 U.S. states, Brazil, Argentina and 13 other Latin American countries as of March 31, 2019. For more information go to investors.cinemark.com.
About La Plaza Mall
La Plaza is the premier shopping destination in the Rio Grande Valley and features over 1.3 million square feet of upscale and popular retail space with over 180 specialty retailers, including Lego, Kendra Scott, H&M, Zara, Michael Kors and Pandora, and restaurants that include Texas de Brazil, Yard House, Buddy V’s Ristorante, Carlo’s Bakery and Palenque Grill. Conveniently situated at the intersection of 10th Street and Interstate 2, just 5 miles from the U.S. – Mexico border, La Plaza is anchored by Dillard’s, JCPenney, Macy’s and Macy’s Home Store.