• Exhibitors

AMC Makes A Zoom Call With Latest Partnership

Zoom Rooms at AMC Theatres

AMC Theatres has formed a partnership with Zoom Video Communications that will turn some AMC locations throughout the United States into Zoom Rooms. As hybrid work has become more commonplace throughout the United States, Zoom Rooms at AMC will enable companies and other entities with decentralized workforces and customer bases to bring people from different markets together at the same time for cohesive virtual and in-person events and meeting experiences.

So, starting sometime in 2023 the world’s largest cinema chain says customers will be able to hold Zoom meetings within the comfort and state-of-the-art sight and sound technology of AMC’s modern theatres. The goal is to have as many as 17 cities across the US with Zoom Rooms technology that can simultaneously connect small, medium, and large sized groups in different locations.

Some news stories about the initiative chided the company a bit, though since everyone is so quick to point out movie theatre capacity is only utilized 15% of the time, especially during the week, if AMC can find an unorthodox yet profitable way to fill the other 85% of the time than they will have the last laugh.

Source : Celluloid Junkie